- Hays Human Resources
- Cardiff, Wales
- £48526.00 - £54619.00 per annum
- Closing date
- 22 Mar 2023
- Public Sector
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Job Type
- HR Business Partner
People & OD Partner/Cardiff/Hybrid/Band 8a.
Your new company
Hays HR are proud to partner with our valued Public Sector client, who are looking to appoint a People & OD Partner. This is an exciting and critical role in enabling and supporting the new and evolving NHS Executive to transform clinical services across Wales, in line with national priorities and standards.In June 2022, the Welsh Government announced the establishment of a new NHS Executive, bringing together existing expertise and capacity from national bodies in the NHS, which will operate under a direct mandate from Welsh Government and be hosted by our client.This role will predominantly be home based but will also require occasional office attendance in Cardiff. Our client continues to be an employer open to the opportunities of flexible/hybrid working. , supportive of flexible working and tailoring working patterns to individual circumstances where business needs allow.
Your new role
The post-holder will work with a wide range of stake-holders including People and OD colleagues, and Welsh Government, senior leaders in both organisations and trade union representatives in order to support and deliver this critical change programme. They will also support in the translation of strategy into appropriate workforce plans in order to develop and optimise people capacity and capability to deliver. In addition, they will work with various internal and external stakeholders in the development of organisational culture, values and behaviours for the new service.
What you'll need to succeed
- Educated to Masters level in relevant discipline (HRM or OD), or equivalent knowledge and expertise gained through study and in-depth and relevant experience
- Chartered Membership of CIPD (MCIPD) level or working towards attainment
- Expert level of knowledge in a range of strategic workforce issues across the People and OD agenda
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of the principles of change management
- Leading service improvement and development initiatives in a business partnering capacity
- Significant experience at senior management level in a HR environment
- Using change management principles in leading strategic change
- Proven ability to build and develop constructive and effective partnership working relationships with senior leaders, Trade Unions, internal / external stakeholders
- Develop credible and trusted partnering relationships with senior leaders across the areas being supported and with multi-disciplinary groups, building high levels of professional credibility and mutual trust;
- Work in partnership with local leaders and managers to provide professional, customer focused people advice and coaching, that supports the identification and management of people issues; contributing to early and proactive resolution, ensuring that these are addressed.
- Embed good people management practice and raise workforce capability, proactively addressing the development needs of local managers; working collaboratively with other members of the People & OD team to commission and/or develop and deliver programmes, to strengthen people management skills, supporting managers to manage their teams effectively.
- Coach local managers in a range of People & OD strategies, tools and techniques, to develop their skills and improve their confidence in dealing with complex workforce issues.
- Contribute to the achievement of the Trust's strategic goals and priorities by ensuring that employee relations policy, practice and delivery are coordinated, effective and strategic.
- Engage and work with staff side representatives in a spirit of effective and positive partnership working built on mutual respect and appreciation of respective roles.
- Work proactively with managers and with trade union representatives to develop and promote a culture of effective partnership working.
- Employee relations case work will be managed primarily by members of the People and OD Advisor team, which will include signposting and directing managers to the team and having a clear understanding when to "hand off" specific issues or cases that arise locally.
- Work with the People and OD Advisor Service Manager as required to provide advice and guidance on particularly complex ER issues, including participation in formal hearings and appeals, and attendance at employment tribunals as necessary.
- Monitor and develop best practice to embrace diversity and inclusion, to enable all staff to experience a sense of belonging and an environment in which they are able to be their true selves.
- Design and implement appropriate audits to monitor compliance and effectiveness of people policies and procedures, providing reports and recommendations as appropriate.
- Plan, design and conduct essential research projects to analyse and respond to current and projected workforce needs. This is broader than just HR topics - horizon scanning for workforce, or business changes that might lead to workforce changes in key functions.
- An understanding and the application of organisational development models, to provide advice and support around a range of issues including organisational culture, values, behaviours and relationships, respect and feeling valued, structures and systems, team working, engagement, capability and skills;
- Identify specific issues from workforce analytics and trends and via staff feedback mechanisms, in order to commission and/or support the design, development and delivery of bespoke OD interventions to meet business and team needs;
- Develop and implement plans which will contribute to improving overall levels of engagement locally. This will include providing local support in the analysis of results from staff or pulse surveys and identifying priority areas for improvement and development of actions and plans, together with supporting the local wellbeing lead in undertaking their responsibilities and commitments as a member of the Wellbeing and Engagement Partnership Group;
- Lead (and, where appropriate, project manage) key People and OD local initiatives, ensuring that these are delivered in accordance with agreed requirements and are embedded, with benefits realised.
- Support the establishment and evolution of the new NHS Executive, working with a wide range of stake-holders including People and OD colleagues and Welsh Government, senior leaders in both organisations, trade union representatives and colleagues in enabling functions;
- Work in partnership to plan, develop and deliver change initiatives which may include facilitating and/or commissioning solutions involving other People & OD services or external expertise where appropriate;
- Synthesise key workforce information, to identify trends and opportunities to inform change management approaches and improve business efficiency;
- Provide expert advice to guide the planning and implementation of change. This will include coaching change leads, directors and senior managers as required (e.g. around engagement, communication plans, individual and collective consultation and resistance management);
- Build networks and other opportunities to encourage the sharing of knowledge, experience and "lessons learned" across the organisation.
What you'll get in return
Flexible working options available.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
At Hays, we know that finding the right role at the right time takes careful consideration. As lifelong career partners we’re with our candidates each step of the way.
Whether you’re seeking a job for right now, a career change, or to move up the career ladder, we have the expertise, the up-to-date knowledge, connections and training to help you get where you want to go.
Providing an unmatched wealth of jobs across industries and professions, using our insights and market leading salary checker, employer relationships, pathways and support, we bring roles that challenge and excite you.
And it doesn’t end there. Our expert consultants are here to help get you more than your next job – offering training and upskilling via our free-to-use My Learning platform.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert