- National Learning and Work Institute
- London or Leicester (with hybrid working)
- £26,000 - £34,000 per annum
- Closing date
- 31 Mar 2023
- Not for Profit/Charity
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Job Type
- HR Advisor
London or Leicester (with hybrid working)
We’re National Learning and Work Institute, an independent policy, research and development organisation dedicated to promoting lifelong learning, full employment and inclusion.
We're focused on the big questions. How do we help more people find work and build careers in a changing jobs market? How do we help people to be active and engaged citizens? How can more adults develop their skills over their lifetime?
We are currently seeking a HR Advisor to join us on a full-time, permanent basis, working 37 hours per week.
- Salary of £26,000 - £34,000 per annum
- 25 days' annual leave plus 8 bank holidays
- Hybrid working
- Flexible working practices
- £200 Personal development allowance (training)
- Free tea and coffee
- Extra 6 grace days in addition to public holidays and annual leave allowance
- 5 days’ paid carer’s leave
- Occupational maternity, adoption, paternity and shared parental pay
- Occupational sick pay
- Eye care scheme
- Annual pay reviews
- Season ticket loans
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Silver award in Investors in People
This is an excellent opportunity for a CIPD qualified HR professional with great project management skills to join our ambitious, independent organisation.
So, if you want to use your expertise to drive positive change in an organisation committed to creating a prosperous and fair society, we want to hear from you!
As a HR Advisor, you will be responsible for managing our operational HR services.
Focusing on enhancing our HR processes and improving the recruitment and retention of key staff, you will contribute to our strategic objectives and the automation of procedures. You’ll also oversee our staff engagement processes with Investors in People.
Managing all aspects of staff recruitment, you’ll evaluate and find ways to improve our processes and practices.
Additionally, you will:
- Ensure accurate records are maintained
- Ensure accurate payroll changes are made and communicated to staff
- Provide guidance and support to line managers on staffing matters
- Co-ordinate annual HR processes
- Work with the finance team to improve the accuracy of cross-functional processes
- Support the development of our learning and development policies
- Oversee and provide support on health & safety policies
- Oversee our Employee Assistance Programme
- Maintain equality and diversity monitoring for all staff
To be considered as a HR Advisor, you will need:
- Experience of HR process improvement
- HR project management skills
- Excellent working knowledge of employment legislation, HR practices and procedures
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Level 5 CIPD (associate)
This is a standalone role which would suit someone used to working on their own initiative and used to supporting the whole range of HR needs in a small charity, therefore experience of working within a similar environment is a plus.
The closing date for this role is 10am on Friday 31st March 2023.
Other organisations may call this role Generalist HR Advisor, Human Resources Advisor, People Advisor, or Employee Relations Advisor.
Webrecruit and National Learning and Work Institute are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, to join us in an engaging and rewarding role as a HR Advisor, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert