Learning and Development Manager
- Michael Page Human Resources
- Carlisle, England
- £45000 - £48700 per annum + plus benefits
- Closing date
- 5 Apr 2023
- Engineering & Manufacturing
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Job Type
- Learning & Development
To work in conjunction with the HR Manager, the Leadership Team and the Factory Management Teams to create a long-term training and development plan aligned to the Divisional Talent Strategy
My client is one of the leading food manufacturers in the UK, partnering with well-known food retailers
- Review current activities and recommend improvements to support the achievement of the strategic HR plans
- Liaise with the Divisional Learning & Development Manager to ensure training activities are aligned with the Divisional Talent Strategy
- Liaise with the Group Apprenticeship Manager to ensure full utilisation of the Apprenticeship Levy.
- Partner with the Factory teams to assess development needs, perform gap analysis, design and implement programmes that build the required skills and capabilities
- Plan, co-ordinate, design and deliver training sessions for a broad range of skills and abilities using expert presentation, coaching and facilitation skills
- Work with the wider HR team to develop and maintain systems and processes to establish and maintain effective training records
- Experience of developing and delivering management training modules
- Assist the HR Manager in managing the site training budget
- Proactively manage external suppliers, evaluating their performance against agreed measures and demonstrating a return on investment
- Report on an ongoing basis the effectiveness of Learning and Development activity and evaluate success
- Understand external best practice and its implications for the site, improving the effectiveness of training and development
- Ensure that each function has a competency framework and colleagues have a personal development plan aligned to the framework to assist in succession planning
- Ensure Performance Appraisals for salaried colleagues and 'Job Chats' for weekly paid colleagues are carried out as determined by the Division and Group
- Undertake Performance Appraisals for the L & D Team
- Health & safety responsibility for the L & D Team and office space
You will be an existing L&D Manager in an operational environment, who has experience training factory-based employees on all elements of the day-to-day and compliance, as well as working alongside/having responsibility for H&S training
A salary of up to £48,700 plus benefits
Michael Page Human Resources is acknowledged as one of the leading recruitment companies for human resources with over 30 years of recruitment expertise and a team of specialist consultants based in offices nationwide. If you’re looking for permanent or temporary job opportunities in human resources, let us use our extensive network and strong relationships to help you find you the next step in your career.
Michael Page Human Resources recruit HR roles nationwide, ranging from HR Administrator to Global HR Director and also within the specialist areas of HR including Learning & Development, Recruitment, Reward, and Talent.
We offer vacancies across executive, director, manager and junior levels with many of the UK’s leading companies. Our teams have specialist consultants that focus on permanent, interim and contract opportunities. Find out more about our consultants here.
To get started browse for human resources jobs or contact one of our offices directly to find out how our expertise could make a difference to your HR recruitment process.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert