Head of Talent
- Macmillan Davies
- Manchester, England
- £52000 - £55000 per annum
- Closing date
- 12 Apr 2023
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Job Type
- Talent Management
Head of Talent Acquisition - 12 months contract
Location: Manchester/ Hybrid
Macmillan Davies are delighted to be partnering with one of the UK's most exciting, inspiring, ambitious and friendly higher education institutions in their search for a Head of Talent Acquisition.
This is a really exciting time to be part of the Talent team as they have grown and shaped their recruitment models hugely over the last 12 months and now want to continue to look to the future and how they can use Talent Acquisition more strategically.
Over the length of this 12 months contract you will have the opportunity to help drive the complete revolution of current recruitment practices, and lead on some really exciting projects including EVP, employer branding, data & insights and have a real impact on how recruitment is done within the institution.
Key role responsibilities and skills:
* Lead the development of the Employee Value Proposition to effectively position the organisation in the external market and increase the attraction of key talent
* Be a data fiend! Not only to demonstrate how the Talent Acquisition function is performing, but to interrogate the performance of all the various channels, ensuring return on investment
* Drive the development of work in proactive sourcing and headhunting of passive candidates through the expansion of access to CV databases and other proactive tools
* Work with the Senior Leadership Teams on recruitment best practice, supporting them directly during organisation wide campaigns and any senior/executive level vacancies
* Coaching, training, and influencing hiring managers around recruitment process, and differing methods of attraction and assessment
In addition you will be working with a fantastic, medium sized recruitment team and be responsible for further coaching, leading and developing them in being recruitment specialists, experts in their field.
What's in it for you?
* Competitive salary- and excellent pension scheme.
* Generous annual leave- plus the ability to buy holiday days and free days off over Christmas
* Flexible, agile and hybrid working- we offer a culture of both flexible and agile working to help manage the demands of work with personal life subject to business requirements
* Professional development - a comprehensive package of personal development opportunities to help you achieve your full potential
* Wellbeing support - dedicated services and facilities to support your mental and physical health, ranging from an Employee Assistance Programme and counselling to sports and fitness facilities, including discounted gym memberships.
If you'd like to find out more about this permanent opportunity, don't delay apply today!
Engage. Consult. Recruit.
For many HR professionals, we’ll need no introduction. We are one of the longest-established specialist HR recruitment consultancies in the UK, with expertise in every sector, including financial services, technology and communications, retail, and professional and business services. However, it’s our consultative way of working that really sets us apart. Engage Macmillan Davies and you’ll find the focus is firmly on you and your needs.
Professional. Proven. Personable.
Whether you’re an established HR Manager or just beginning your career as an HR Administrator, you’ll find our focus is on long-term candidate relationships, not short-term fixes. We’ll take as much time to understand your needs as we do client ones. Rather than simply pointing you towards a permanent or interim job in HR, we’ll ensure you make the right career move.
To say we’ve a wealth of experience in HR recruitment is an understatement. Macmillan Davies has been a dedicated HR recruitment consultancy since 1979. Since then, we have developed into the business we are today: a market-leading HR recruitment firm with offices in London and Manchester and part of a global network that spans Asia, Australia and Europe.
Our approach has been developed over three decades at the forefront of HR recruitment consultancy. In that time, we’ve developed an excellent track record of adding value to leading clients in every major sector, a well-established global network and a collaborative working style.
Together, these qualities add up to a unique proposition in HR recruitment. Not only do we have the expertise to deliver what you need, but our consultative and professional approach also means that search will be a rewarding experience.
At Macmillan Davies we take our responsibilities seriously, as we’re guardians of both our clients’ brands and our candidates’ careers. But we also make sure this professionalism is balanced with a personal approach. How we deliver is just as important to us as what we provide – and the reason so many of our clients and candidates return for our advice again and again.
Supporting your HR career every step of the way
We’re a long-term career partner to many of our candidates, supporting them as they progress from HR Assistant jobs to HR Director levels. All of which is made possible by our specialist practices. If you’re looking for a senior HR role, our Executive Resourcing practice is a specialist in the field. Our Interim team will handle your day rate and fixed-term HR assignments, while our Futurexec team will provide the support and opportunities you need earlier in your human resources career.
Darren Hayman – Director, Executive Resourcing
0203 587 7066
Nick Allwood - Director, Manchester
0161 416 6295
Macmillan Davies London
152 - 160 City Road
Macmillan Davies Manchester
First Floor, Swan Buildings
20 Swan Street
152 - 160 City Road
Apply for Head of Talent
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert