- Australian High Commission
- £32,136 - £34,789 per annum
- Closing date
- 26 Mar 2023
- Local & National Government
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Job Type
- HR Administrator
HR Administrator – LE3 – London
Job Title: HR Administrator – LE3 – London
Salary: £32,136 - £34,789 per annum
Closing date:26th March 2023
Full-time: 36.75 hours per week
Starting Salary: £32,136 - £34,789 per annum
About the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade
The role of the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) is to advance the interests of Australia and Australians internationally. This involves strengthening Australia’s security, enhancing Australia’s prosperity, delivering an effective and high-quality overseas aid program and helping Australian travellers and Australians overseas.
The department provides foreign, trade and development policy advice to the Australian Government. DFAT also works with other Australian government agencies to drive coordination of Australia’s pursuit of global, regional and bilateral interests.
About the position
The position is located in the Human Resources (HR) Section within the European Service Delivery Hub in London, which is responsible for providing a wide range of Human Resources programs and client service functions to a broad clientele across 21 countries in the European region.
The position offers support to the Human Resources Department assisting the HR Advisors in relation to recruitment, HR policy enquiries and maintaining HR documentation and personnel records. This position additionally provides support to the Regional Payroll Manager with payroll processing.
The key responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Deliver recruitment services across the European region, including administering the applicant tracking system (ATS), advertising vacancies, screening applications and scheduling interviews
- Prepare for and deliver on-boarding and induction processes for new employees
- Monitor shared mailboxes and employee tracking spreadsheets for upcoming deadlines and deliverables
- Complete routine recruitment and employee data reports
- Respond to routine HR queries raised by employees and managers in accordance with approved policy and procedures
- Support the HR Advisors in administering the performance management scheme and associated learning & development programme across the European region
- Assist in preparing and processing payroll using the SAP HR system and other systems as applicable. This includes processing new starters, leavers, pay adjustments, tax and pension entitlements for UK based staff, as well as supporting the administration of various outsourced payroll solutions across the region
- Maintain filing and record keeping of human resources documentation, including filing documentation on personnel files and updating relevant HR Management Information Systems including SAP HR and OSP (PeopleSoft)
- Support audits of HR documentation and employee datasets
- Process supplier invoice payments and complete other routine financial reporting as required
- Administer and issue Certificates of Sponsorship to support visa applications in accordance with the terms of the sponsorship licence issued by UK Visas & Immigration (UKVI)
- Participate in continuous improvement projects for the delivery of regional HR services
- Prepare and respond to routine correspondence
- Ad-hoc duties as required
Qualifications / Experience
- Entry level experience or Level 3 (foundation) HR qualification
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient administration and organisational skills as well as being able to collate information for reporting purposes
- Ability to multitask, prioritise and manage a varied workload is essential
- Proven aptitude for numerical reasoning
- Prior experience working in a professional, client-focused office environment
- Experience using HRMIS software such as SAP HR or Oracle
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel up to an intermediate level
Please address each of the selection criteria for the role in the spaces provided on the application form. Drawing on your prior experience, please provide examples of where you have demonstrated the required competencies or transferable skills.
The word limit is strictly 250 words per response. The panel will not assess responses that exceed the word limit.
A. Experience working in an administrative support role with excellent attention to detail, maintaining accurate and timely records in accordance with policies and procedures.
B. Strong organisational skills and the ability to work under pressure and manage multiple priorities.
C. Demonstrated ability to show initiative, exercise sound judgement and contribute to the success of the wider team.
D. Professional confidence, strong communication skills and the ability to build relationships and provide exceptional customer service.
E. Proficient IT and data processing skills, with demonstrated experience using Microsoft Office and ability to learn new software programs.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert