Coventry College is seeking to recruit an exceptional individual to take on the role of Head of HR. Your role is pivotal in working with your peers and SLT to develop and enhance our people. You will be responsible for leading and managing all aspects of the HR function, including developing and implementing strategies and programs, employee relations and engagement, and ensuring compliance with all relevant legislation.
You will be someone that achieves results and a strong completer finisher, able to work on their own initiative and taking responsibility for themselves and their team. You will have experience of managing a HR team and be CIPD qualified. You can have experience from any sector.
Coventry College is enjoying its best ever learner recruitment as well as significant capital investment in its city centre campus, so you will be joining a thriving College enjoying exciting growth.
The successful candidate will:
• Contribute directly to the overall operational and strategic leadership of the College
• Lead the development and delivery of a strong HR function to achieve our objectives
• Refine a range of employment and HR policies and ensure added-value and positive impact
• Lead change, consulting with staff, unions and other stakeholders
• Promote a strong people focus culture and engage and build rapport at all levels
• Display high levels of energy, drive, resilience and motivation, and be able to work well under pressure
Benefits of the role include:
• 47 days annual leave (including 8 bank holidays)
• Local Government Pension Scheme membership
• On-site parking and subsidised refectory
• Discounted hair / barbering / beauty treatments at our on-site salon
• Annual staff recognition awards
• “Vivup” membership and other employee benefits
The successful applicant will be required to complete an enhanced DBS check.
Application closing date: Noon, 26 September 2023.
Interview date: Afternoon, 29 September 2023.
To view the job pack and apply please visit https://www.coventrycollege.ac.uk/about/vacancies/
We are actively committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and any vulnerable groups within the College community. We value our diverse College community and are actively committed to promoting equality and diversity in all areas of College life. Applications are welcomed from all sections of the community. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share these commitments. The successful applicant will be required to complete an enhanced DBS check.