The HR Manager will support the HR Business Partner to execute HR strategy and initiatives at site-level. The HR Manager will be the first point of contact for all HR operational and ER matters, partnering with the Site Leadership Team, as well as developing excellent relationships on-site, with both managers and employees.
My client is a leading Manufacturing business.
The HR Manager will oversee the day-to-day transactional activities that you would expect to see in a manufacturing business, as well as leading on a variety of HR projects. This is a hands-on site-based role but requires the skills and experience to work with the Senior Leadership Team.
The HR Manager will have the key objective of improving employee engagement and driving change at site management-level. This will be achieved by balancing the needs of a demanding, commercially driven environment and delivering best practice HR activities.
The HR function owns the full employee journey from sourcing new recruits, supporting recruitment and on-boarding, training, and coaching, management of any ER casework, and off-boarding. This role is also responsible for 1 direct report and a department budget.
- Support the overall business needs and priorities, by providing a proactive HR service across the site
- Partner with and build relationships with the Senior Leadership Team and People Managers
- Partner with line management to provide sound HR advice, guidance and support throughout the full employee journey. You will be seen as the expert in HR matters and be able to provide accurate, risk- based judgements and advice
- Build effective relationships with colleagues at all levels, providing advice and guidance on a range of HR-related issues
- Provide site-level decision-making on all HR processes
- Lead on the resourcing/ recruitment of senior hires, up to SLT-level
- Responsible for driving efficiency in average cost of hire and recruitment processes
- Optimise resourcing through various external parties including apprenticeships
- Facilitate and manage the full recruitment and selection process, including screening candidates, arranging interviews and coaching hiring managers on best practise
- Work with HR Shared Services on the delivery of processes and procedures
- Coach People Managers and the Senior Management to manage any performance and capability issues, in order to drive a high performing culture
- Contribute to the Personal Development Plan process with the wider HR Team regarding people and team development needs and opportunities
- Manages the colleague review processes alongside the wider HR team
- Ensure effective monitoring of sickness trends and action in accordance with HR policy
- Promote a proactive approach to absence management
- Ensure formal, fair and legally compliant processes are followed through record keeping and legal guidance when dealing with investigations, grievances, disciplinaries and redundancies
- Work with the HR Business Partner and People Managers on creating and implementing action plans following the annual employee engagement survey
- Provide ad hoc reports as and when requested by the SLT members e.g. pay benchmarking
- Lead on effective internal communications
- Contribute to the regular review of HR processes to continuously improve the employee lifecycle
- Attends regular cross-site, HR team meetings and reviews, offering support to HR Advisors
- Administer Occupational Health support as required
- A degree or equivalent qualification in Human Resources Management
- Solid generalist experience in HR
- Previous experience working in a Manufacturing/ Industry setting is essential
- Comfortable leading on both strategic and operational projects
- Experience of working in a unionised environment
- Hands-on experience of HR policies and ER processes
- Excellent working knowledge of UK employment legislation and HR best practice
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong leadership and influencing capabilities
- Pragmatic with a good understanding of commercial priorities
- Line management experience is beneficial
- Salary £50,000 - £55,000 per annum, plus a highly competitive company bonus of up to 10% of salary (5% personal KPI, 5% company performance-based)
- Full-time and permanent position
- Fully site-based role - due to the nature of the role, it will be fully based on-site Monday to Friday