Your new company
Hays are delighted to be supporting a leading organisation located in County Durham on the recruitment of an Employee Relations Advisor (Specialist) to join their ER team on a permanent basis.
Do you have experience in providing expert advice and guidance on complex ER cases? Do you have a background purely in ER? Experience in mediating and building strong working relationships? If yes, then this could be the opportunity for you!
Your new role
I am looking for an Employee Relations Advisor or Specialist to join my clients HR team on a permanent basis. You will be responsible for managing a caseload of ER issues, such as disciplinary, grievance, performance, absence, and redundancy. You will also support managers and employees in resolving workplace conflicts and promoting a positive ER culture. You will work closely with other HR functions, such as learning and development, reward, and recruitment, to ensure a holistic approach to people management.
This role is based in County Durham, but you will have the option to work remotely, but will be required to go to site when required, which could be 2 -3 times in one week. You will be required to attend site meetings occasionally, so you will need to have a valid driving licence and access to a car.
Other responsibilities include:
- You will be assigned multiple ER Case loads which you will be required to manage, which will includes disciplines, grievances and absence management cases. It will be your responsibility to work closely and to propose recommendations and outcomes, ensuring risks are managed
- Building strong relationships with stakeholders within the organisation
- Involved in project management, working closely with the HR Business Partners on organisational and operational projects
- Involved in the coaching of line managers and employees
- Coaching and mediation approaches to avoid formal processes arising
What you'll need to succeed
To be successful within this role, you will require experience working within an Employee Relations Specialist role previously.
- A sound knowledge of employment law and best practice
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
- The ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
What you'll get in return
- Competitive bonus
- 28 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Competitive pension scheme
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion about your career.