Your new company
An international law firm focused on the energy, transport and infrastructure sectors. The firm has achieved rapid expansion and year-on-year growth. Its global practice covers offices in Europe, the Middle East, Asia, Australia and North America.
Your new role
The Reward and Benefits Specialist will be relied upon for proactive Reward activities. You will be drawn upon to assist the Senior Reward Manager during the annual compensation cycle, pulling together internal/external data for leadership consideration. At the same time, you will drive both global benefit and well-being initiatives to support the firm's mission to help everyone be their best and ensure the high-quality management of our global insurance policies and other benefit offerings.
Reporting to the Senior Reward Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- Benchmarking data for the global compensation review.
- Participation in salary surveys, and the subsequent analysis of the comp data received, summarising for the line management/end users of that data.
- Data collation from other sources, presenting data in a clear format for line management review.
- Fee Earner salary band preparation, summarising the current population and highlighting where gaps are.
- Assisting with the bonus review and spreadsheet management and liaison with Group Heads.
- Full management of the firm's insurance for both employees and partners, including:
- Group Income Protection;
- Group Life Assurance;
- Terminal Illness & Permanent Total Disability insurances;
- Critical Illness;
- Private Medical Insurance.
- End-to-end management of all policy renewals with Aon (benefits broker).
- Liaising with a benefits broker on membership changes (joiners, leavers, transfers etc.).
- Managing all insurance/benefit communications within the firm, acting as the primary point of contact.
- Management of risk policy claims.
- Completion of medical underwriting paperwork.
- Building relationships with appointed benefit/insurance vendors and brokers.
- Liaising with global office managers with regard to local and global benefits managed.
- Enhancing the global benefit offering where necessary; researching and onboarding any new benefits and vendors.
- Leading on communications to employees and partners on benefit changes.
- Researching and implementing any benefits for new office locations.
- Proactively designing and executing well-being projects and initiatives globally.
- Driving new initiatives to support mental, physical and financial well-being.
- Designing new processes to facilitate feedback.
- Analysing key metrics (via employee surveys etc.).
- Managing the logistics for any well-being events, e.g. Mental Health Awareness Week.
- Working closely with the Firm's Mental Health Allies, to promote their support services and running any relevant events.
- Managing and updating the Well-being Hub page on the Firm's intranet.
- Running any relevant well-being webinars offered by our current providers.
- Managing all well-being benefits for partners and employees:
- Annual health screenings;
- Employee Assistance Programmes;
- WorkLife Central subscription.
What you\'ll need to succeed
- Strong benefits management experience, including renewal of annual policies.
- Excellent understanding of benefits management and claims.
- Experience of reward, salary benchmarking, collating data and involvement during a compensation cycle.
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills (VLOOKUP/pivot table, IF statement essential, etc).
- Demonstrable experience of executing well-being initiatives.
- The ability to self-manage and project manage.
- Knowledge-sharing within the HR team on well-being and benefits management activities.
- Experience of improving processes.
- Familiarity with HR systems and running reports.
- A high level of attention to detail, strong communication skills and proven organisation skills.
- Someone who is happy to roll their sleeves up, a team player and a problem solver.
- Experience of working in a corporate setting.
What you\'ll get in return
- A competitive benefits and well-being package
- A culture of agility and flexibility that is fully supportive of flexible working arrangements
What you need to do now
If you\'re interested in this role, click \'apply now\' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn\'t quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.